How to Find the Best Pool Cleaning Service
By the Ultra Pool Care Squad Heroes
Finding a good swimming pool cleaning service can seem challenging but here are some tips that might help:
- Find a service that specializes in pool care: There are a number of companies that install pools and then “service” them as an add-on their core business. We recommend that you go with a company whose only priority is understanding how to clean and properly care for swimming pools and spas.
- Look for referrals: Ask friends, family, and neighbors on who they would recommend for pool service. Of course, it is more helpful to talk to someone who already has a pool and has done most of the work for you.
- Check online reviews: Look at their reviews in Google, Facebook, Yelp, Angi or other media. Be sure to read them to better understand why they liked them or did not.
- Make sure they are properly licensed and insured: Check your local municipality to make sure that your pool cleaners have the right training and qualifications. Many states require these providers to be a Certified Pool Operator (CPO) or to have specific insurance requirements in order to be operating properly. This can protect you in case of any accidents or damages that may occur while they are working on your pool.
- Get multiple quotes: Contact multiple pool cleaning services in your area to not only ask about their pricing but what their services offer. Ask how often tey will come out to clean your pool and how do they charge for their services.
- Ask about how they communicate with you: Ask if their service sets up appointments and if they call in advance to confirm their visits. Do they inform you when they are on their way or reconfirm their visit the day of their planned service? Do they provide you with a copy of the services provided?
- Ask about their paperwork management: If there is an issue with your pool, it may require presenting the manufacturer with a record of the service provided with your pool. Does the pool service have the ability to email you their service records (or mail hard copies to you?)
- Ask about their experience and expertise: Make sure the pool cleaning service has experience working with pools that are similar to yours whether it be a gunite, vinyl liner or fiberglass swimming pool. Are they comfortable with automation and repairs if your pool has these features? Do they work with in-ground and /or above ground pools?
- Inquire about their cleaning process: Ask what kind of chemicals they use and make sure that it is compatible with your pool’s cleaning system. Do you only have a salt water pool and are they familiar with servicing your pool’s system?
- Request references: Ask if they are cleaning any pools in your neighborhood already. If so, can they talk to those customers to get an idea of the quality of service they are being provided?
- What is the background of the company? Is this company a “person with a pole” or are they part of a larger, international company that has established standards and procedures?
It’s Supposed to be a Service
As you interview your pool care candidates, remember that they are offering you a service – and they should treat you like a valuable customer. How responsive are they to your requests? Are they willing to listen to you and try to come up with the best solution for your individual situation?
We Welcome Your Call
At Ultra Pool Care Squad, we welcome the chance to be your personal pool care service provider. We know that it takes time to clean your pool but it also takes knowledge in understanding how to properly analyze the chemical makeup within your pool and how to make the proper adjustments so that it is not only looking clean but that it is, in fact, truly clean, safe and healthy.
By following these tips, we know that you will find a reliable, trustworthy pool cleaning service to keep your pool in top condition. Or, should we say, in “Ultra Clean Condition.”
For More Information:
Ultra Pool Care Squad